That is why Invisalign came out with a specific product designed for those teens who are self conscious about their smile but do not want braces. Invisalign teen can be a great option for those highly motivated teenagers who want to change their smiles with clear aligners in Dallas, TX.
Invisalign teen’s unique features
So what is the difference between Invisalign and Invisalign teen? They are fundamentally the same but Invisalign teen has a blue indicator on the trays that can help determine the quantity of time a specific tray has been worn. These blue indicators are great for orthodontists and parents to ensure that their teenagers are wearing the Invisalign for the correct amount of time.
Benefits of Invisalign teen in Dallas
Why would you choose Invisalign Teen vs traditional metal braces? Here are some reasons why Invisalign is better than braces for your teen:
- Most esthetic option for teens who are a little more self conscious
- No broken brackets! Teens tend to break braces but with Invisalign it is less likely for them to break an attachment.
- Oral hygiene: Your oral hygiene is better with Invisalign Teen as you can take off your clear aligners to brush and floss regularly.
- Less overall visits: We typically give 8-10 trays per visit which means you only need to come in to our dental office every 8-10 weeks.
Tips for teens with Invisalign
At Thrive Dental and Orthodontics we want to see you achieve the smile you have always deserved. With that being said there are a few tips your teen should know before starting Invisalign.
- Be prepared to wear the trays 22 hours a day. This includes at school and while sleeping.
- Make sure to keep your clear aligners safe at all times and do not lose them.
- Use tools such as Chewies or something similar to seat the trays as best as possible.
- Make sure to come to every one of your planned orthodontic appointments so as to not get behind on your trays.
- Maintain regular cleaning appointments so your teeth are beautiful and healthy once you are done with your Invisalign treatment.